Saturday, February 4, 2017

GW-Basic assignment # 2

GW Basic assignment # 2
.
      First computer programming language I liked and one of the first I learned was GW-Basic from microsoft. It was easy and simple to learn and yet it was powerful. Both text and graphic mode programing was available in it. There were very small number of keywords, commands and functions in it. Making it a good Computer programing language as a first to learn.
      While I was searching for old programs a program written in GW-Basic came into my mind. This was almost first ever program written by me as an assignment. In fact it was second assignment of GW-Basic. And  somehow it's print out is still save in where I keep my old things related to Computers.
      This program reminds me of that time when I was learning computer programing. GW-BASIC, it's teachers (there were 2 teachers and one of them was very good), time spent in that institute, friends etc every thing becomes fresh on reading this program.
      I wrote this program on PC/AT 286 in computer lab of that institute. Then I was two finger typist. Then I was also afraid of sitting so close to monitor thinking sitting so close will destroy my eye site. And because of that fear I used to dim monitor display as low as possible.
      Because I then printed that program's source code and output both on computer paper so now although I searched for GW-Basic interpreter but did not actually felt very much need of any GW-Basic interpreter online or offline. The only hard-work I did now is that I typed that GW-Basic program and it's output in notepad and saved them in a text file and then reproduced them here as you can see below.
.
GW BASIC code:
.
Execution Output:
(Display screen after some output and input)
.
      Something else is also special about this program written in GW-Basic which I am not going to write here, at least now, and I do not know in future I will write or not. And if there are any typing mistakes then I will surely remove them when ever found.


No comments:

Post a Comment