Monday, January 16, 2017

Online Status sharing protocol - Part 1

Online Status sharing protocol
(Part # 1)
.
      Although I was thinking about it for some time now but few days ago while I was connecting my 'facebook' and 'twitter' account together, so that tweets made by me on twitter also show on my facebook timeline and public posts made by me on my facebook profile's timeline also show on twitter, I noticed something which urged me to make this post.
      So what I noticed during that experiment cum adventure on two social networking sites namely 'twitter' and 'facebook'?
      Very simple. After connecting my 'twitter' and 'facebook' accounts together I made some posts and tweets there also. So that I can see how it works and how my tweets on 'twitter' look on 'facebook' and how my posts on 'facebook' look on 'twitter'.
      Then First I noticed that on facebook there is no differene between post made on facebook and post made via twitter's tweet. I do not know how to share public facebook post here so far.
      And Second (a) I noticed that on twitter one can not distinguish between native tweet from tweet comming from facebook as long as text size is within max limit at twitter. As one can see here 'tweet source is twiter' and here 'tweet source is facebook'.
      And Second (b) I noticed that if post comming from 'facebook' is larger then max limit of tweet at 'twitter' then a facebook link get added to end of comming post on 'twitter' giving some idea of tweets origin. As one can see here tweet source is facebook.
      This confusion of not knowing origin of tweets/posts etc made me to think for it's solution. And I strangly very quickly arrived at it's solution which is as follows.
      First posts/tweets which are not native but are actually received from some other site will be called 'echo posts' or 'echo tweets' etc or simply 'echo'. And will be distinguished from native posts/tweets etc by logo 'favicon' of the site from where posts/tweets are comming added before posts/tweets etc.
      Second if comming post/tweet is native at site from where it is comming then favicon appended before it will have single line border otherwise it will have double line border.
      Third if site from where post/tweet etc is comming does not have favicon or it's favicon is not currently available then default image with a questin mark in it will be used as favicon replacement.
      Fourth on moving mouse over fecicon user will be able to view full name of site from where post/tweet etc is comming.
      Fifth on moving mouse over favicon user will be able to also view number of times post/tweet etc got echoed in direct path from first time it got posted to this location.
      Sixth on moving mouse over favicon user will be able to also view total number of times post/tweet etc got echoed in all paths/branches from first time it got posted to current time.
.
      I think this is a simple solution for a not so obvious problem and is easy to implement on any site also.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment