Saturday, January 28, 2017

Hello, World! in C

Hello, World! in C
.
      Need to make this post arises because I was for some time planing to put some computer programing code written by me here on this blog. And before doing that I wanted to practice how it can be done and how it will look like.
      So I searched for and shortlisted some programs in my computer's hard-disks to start with. But as those programs were written in C programming languages and right now I do not have any C compiler so I searched for online C compiler and reached on tutorialspoint. There I found an old, basic and famous C program, also written by many other programmers in different computer programing languages all around the world, already written in site's editor. And this tiny program reminds me the days when I started learning C programing language via Turbo C. In tutorialspoint output area was showing 'sh-4.2$ gcc -o main *.c' from which I got idea that compiler they are using is 'gcc' and OS is may be 'linux'.
      Following is the modified version of the program I found in online C compiler. I transformed it a little so that it looks almost same like C programs of the days when I started learning C language. I am using monospace font for both Code view area and Output view area to create look of that time. I am also using white foreground and blue background color of Turbo C IDE of that time for showing code. For showing output I am using color of black and white DOS screen of that time.
      I like C language very much and our teacher of C language was also very good. I still remember him. He was a good teacher, had a very pleasant smiling face and always answered questions from students in detail.
.
C code:
.
Compiler and Execution Output:
.
      To me some how white over blue and white over black looks and feels better then black over white.


No comments:

Post a Comment