Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Lane Changer at International borders

Lane Changer
at International borders
.
Over some years in past in some traveling videos I saw a situation in which traffic was moving towards each other on same lane of same road while entering or leaving Pakistan. May be the reason behind this situation is that out of 4 neighboring countries of Pakistan, in 3 countries traffic moves on right hand side of road while in Pakistan traffic moves on left hand side of the road. In remaining 1 neighboring country traffic also moves on left hand side of the road.
.
So after searching and re-searching on above described problem/topic I found/reached-on, a solution which is simple, affordable and easy to implement and maintain.
.
So I started making road drawings based on solutions I short listed. I made many versions one after another but kept rejecting them because of their complexity. After many tries I reached on solution as shown in the following drawings. I think it is simple not only to make and maintain but also for using. This solution does not need any bridges therefore it is also economical and affordable for countries like ours.
.
Drawings are self descriptive so I am not describing it any further here in text. But maybe in future I come back here and add explanations here.
.
I think this solution to above described problem can be used anywhere in the world where it's requirement occurs. 
.

.
.

.
And if someone is thinking what about remaining 1 country then following type of arrangement can be made for that country. This way all international border-crossings get same type of 'look and feel'.
.

.
.

.
Not only these arrangements are useful for keeping traffic at international border it's own lane but they also provide very good security at international border crossings.
.
[Update: 2019May06Mon] Today I removed both old images and added improved images in their place.
.

If there are any mistakes then I will surely remove them whenever found.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment