Monday, May 4, 2020

Artistic green DIY by my niece - 200503Su

  Artistic green DIY by my niece  
.
(DIY during COVID_19 LockDown)
Version: 200503Su
.
During this ongoing COVID-19 lockdown, my niece (studing in 1st-class/grade) and I are determined to stay busy and engaged. We regularly brainstorm for indoor activity ideas that cater to her interests. This time, she settled on a fantastic project - planting seeds! To ensure her safety, I provided her with options that didn't require going outdoors.
.
Under my constant elderly guidance, she took the following steps to achieve her goal:
.
First, I helped her create mini planters by making holes in both ends of six eggs. The wider end had a larger hole, while the narrower end had a tiny hole for water drainage:
.
Next, she unleashed her creativity by painting the empty eggshells with different attractive colors and patterns.
.
Then, she filled the eggshells with the good soil that I carefully brought from our lawn.
.
After that, she joyfully sowed the following seeds in the eggshells: Sunflower, Tomato, Green Chilies, Watermelon, and Coriander.
.
My niece demanded that I also plant some seeds in a planter made of eggshells. So at her request I planted a few cuttings of Office-time plant in an eggshell planter.
.
After sowing seeds my niece placed the eggshell planters in a soil-filled container and placed it indoors, away from direct sunlight.
.
Every two days, she diligently watered the seeds, eagerly awaiting the results.
.
And then, the miracle happened! One by one, the seeds sprouted, and my niece's excitement kept reaching new heights throughout the entire project. Her enthusiasm was inspiring, and we both celebrated each tiny triumph.
.
Following are photos of eggshell planters with seedlings during different stages.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
This lockdown gardening adventure not only kept us busy but also taught us valuable lessons about patience, nurturing, and the joys of watching something we care for grow and thrive.
.
Our this gardening activity was actually a full of fun adventure during this ongoing COVID-19 lockdown. We are glad that we made an effort in this direction.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment